Christi focuses her practice on corporate finance and capital markets, corporate governance, and securities compliance matters. She has experience representing issuers in public and private offerings of debt, equity, and hybrid securities, as well as securities redemptions and consent solicitations.
Christi advises companies, including financial institutions, regarding corporate governance matters, exchange listing standards, securities compliance, and state corporate law matters, with a focus on Pennsylvania and Delaware. She has experience representing both public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, and other major transactions.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Christi served as Managing Chief Counsel and Corporate Secretary at The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. As the Corporate Secretary, Christi advised the Board of Directors and executive management on corporate governance matters and board responsibilities and coordinated director onboarding, education, and compensation. She ensured compliance with applicable corporate governance regulations, including NYSE listed company rules and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations. Christi also served as the primary point of contact for shareholder proposals. Prior to becoming Corporate Secretary, Christi advised PNC’s asset and liability management team on securities transactions, and coordinated offerings and redemptions of debt, equity, and hybrid securities.
During law school, Christi clerked for the Honorable Carol Los Mansmann U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit Western Pennsylvania.
- Represented Fortune 500 financial institutions and other public companies in connection with public offerings of debt, equity, and hybrid securities, including preparation of Shelf Registration Statements on Form S-3 and associated offering documents.
- Prepared Shelf Registration Statement on Form S-3 and Registration Statements on Form S-8 for a variety of compensation plans following the merger of two publicly traded financial institutions.
- Represented financial institutions and other issuers on Rule 144A debt offerings.
- Prepared annual proxy statements for a variety of public companies and advised public companies on proxy statement securities compliance matters.
- Advised public companies on securities compliance matters in connection with Regulation FD, Regulation G, and preparation of Form 10-K and Form 10-Q filings.
- Advised public companies, directors, and executive officers regarding Section 16 and Rule 144 compliance.
- Advised public companies on corporate governance matters and compliance with listing standards.
- Represented a public company in connection with reorganizing into a holding company structure.
- Represented a privately held hospitality industry client in connection with the sale of a portfolio of hotel franchises.
- Represented a publicly traded real estate investment trust in the divestiture of its portfolio of shopping malls through a public company merger.
- Represented a public company in the sale of its energy segment.
University of Pittsburgh School of LawJD
magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Lead Research Editor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review1998
- University of Pittsburgh Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of BusinessMBA1993
summa cum laude1991
Certified Public Accountant, Pennsylvania, March 1984 (Inactive)
- Speaker, "ESG and Other Emerging Areas that Influence Disclosure", SEC Compliance and Disclosure Update, McGuireWoods LLP SEC Practice Complimentary Webinar Series, November 27, 2018
- Hon. Carol Los Mansmann, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, 1996
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2022, 2023, 2024
- Author, SEC Updates Requirements for Shareholder Proposals Included in Company Proxy Statements, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 30, 2020
- Co-author, Interstate Compacts in Commerce and Industry: A Proposal for “Common Markets Among States”, 23 Vt. L. Rev. 133, 1998