Jason is an accomplished deal maker with experience representing private equity funds, other institutional investors, family offices and strategic acquirers in connection with mergers and acquisitions, divestures, joint ventures, minority investments, restructurings and other day-to-day general corporate matters.
Jason handles transactions in a variety of industries, including healthcare, life sciences, logistics, consumer products and retail, and manufacturing.
Jason has an active pro bono practice where he has represented several social ventures and non-profit organizations in connection with their formation and ongoing activities. He regularly represents first responders in the preparation of their wills and related powers of attorney. He has also successfully represented a man seeking asylum in the United States after fleeing persecution in his native country.
- Represented an investment firm in its sale, via merger, of a national provider of automotive reconditioning services and vehicle protection products for consideration exceeding $1 billion.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a personal health and wellness company.
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a company providing program management and consulting to the U.S. Department of Defense and other federal agencies.
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a United States promotional products company and the subsequent add-on acquisitions of several companies throughout Europe.
- Represented strategic buyers and private equity funds in numerous rollup transactions, including those related to physical therapy practices, industrial overhead cranes and supply chain logistics and courier services.
- Represented a family office in its acquisition of a marketing agency.
- Represented a family office in its acquisition of a syrup and sauce maker specializing in products for coffee and ice cream shops.
- Represented a private equity and credit investor in connection with its merger of two telecommunications companies and the subsequent disposition of the combined entity.
- Represented a joint venture in its participation in purchasing assets of an American clothing retailer out of bankruptcy.
- Represented a lender in connection with its sale of a distressed third-party logistics company.
University of Illinois College of LawJD
summa cum laude, Order of the Coif2012
University of Colorado BoulderBA
summa cum laude2008
University of Colorado BoulderBS
- University of Colorado BoulderCertificate in the Study and Practice of Leadership2008
Board of Directors, Kitchen Possible, 2020-present