As the chief innovation and AI officer, Peter directs the development and implementation of innovative business solutions, including the use of AI-enhanced tools, to better serve McGuireWoods clients and improve firm operations. His background combines data science, artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities with business strategy, innovation, R&D, project management and management consulting skills.
Peter specializes in applying state-of-the-art analytics, AI, data visualization and modeling techniques to generate legal insights and improve overall firm performance. He has implemented cutting-edge data management strategies and AI solutions for law firms and Fortune 1,000 corporations.
Peter won the 2022 Corinium Intelligence Data Value Award and has been a finalist for the Litera Legal Innovator of the Year Award and the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA) Innovative Leader of the Year Award. He serves on the editorial board of Chief Data Officer magazine.
Peter earned a J.D. and MBA and served for eight years as an officer in the U.S. Navy. He is a PMI-certified project management professional (PMP).
- Northwestern California University School of LawJD
- University of PhoenixMBATechnology
- University of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaignBSHuman Factors Engineering, Psychology and Statistics
- Quoted, "How Law Firms Are Getting Attys Ready For Generative Text", Law360, November 13, 2023
- Quoted, "Generative AI & Emerging Technology Forum: How generative AI helps humans solve real-world problems", Thomson Reuters, October 16, 2023
- Quoted, "Behind the Prices: Is Generative AI Legal Tech Cheaper to Buy or Build?", Legaltech News, October 12, 2023
- Quoted, "Legal Tech Vendors Are Taking On Generative AI Education. Are Attorneys Welcoming It?", Legaltech News, September 14, 2023
Winner, Data Value Award, Corinium Intelligence, 2022
Finalist, Business of Data Awards, Corinium Intelligence, 2022
Finalist, American Legal Technology Awards, 2022
Runner-up, Innovative Leader of the Year, International Legal Technology Association, 2021
Runner-up, Legal Innovator of the Year, Litera, 2021