Anne Hampton devotes her practice to advising electric and natural gas utility clients in complex regulatory proceedings and litigation before state utility commissions, primarily representing regulated utilities before the Virginia State Corporation Commission.
Anne Hampton has assisted regulated utilities in proceedings to secure certificates of public convenience and necessity for transmission lines and generation facilities. She has also assisted in rate cases and filings related to the transfer of utility assets and approvals of affiliate arrangements. In her practice, Anne Hampton assists clients with every aspect of the administrative proceeding, including preparing initial filings, responding to discovery, drafting rebuttal testimony, preparing for public hearings, and representing the at public hearings.
Anne Hampton also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Eugene E. Siler, Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and Justice Donald W. Lemons of the Supreme Court of Virginia.
Prior to attending law school, Anne Hampton served on the staffs of then-Governor Timothy M. Kaine and Senator Thomas K. Norment, Jr.
William & Mary Law SchoolJD
Order of the Coif, Senior Notes Editor, William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal2011
The College of William & MaryBAGovernment and Art History
Member, Reunion Committee, William & Mary Law School, 2020-2021
Member, Board of Directors, William & Mary Law School Alumni Association, 2014-2020
Member, Past Young Lawyers Division Liaison, Administrative Law Section, Virginia Bar Association, 2013-2014
- Author, "The Melendez-Diaz Dilemma: Virginia’s Response, A Model to Follow", 19 Wm & Mary Bill Rts. J. 419, 2010
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Administrative/Regulatory Law, 2024
- Hon. Eugene E. Siler, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, 2014-2016
- Hon. Donald W. Lemons, Supreme Court of Virginia, 2011-2012