Ashley concentrates her practice on construction, public procurement and real estate development with a focus on owner representations, both public and private. By initiating representation during project procurement and planning, she enables the owner to establish the ground rules for the project and build working relationships where all parties have a clear understanding of the project goals.
Ashley assists clients in the negotiation and preparation of project documents for procurement, design, construction and project management. Representative projects include corporate campuses, hotels, retirement communities, healthcare facilities, manufacturing/storage facilities, offices, public utility facilities, museums, multifamily and student apartments. Ashley represents public authorities and private entities in procurement transactions under the Virginia Public Procurement Act, including design-build and construction management projects. She also represents clients in connection with public-private partnerships, including projects being developed under Virginia’s Public-Private Education Facilities and Infrastructure Act of 2002 (PPEA), and has experience drafting both interim and comprehensive agreements for PPEA projects.
- Representation of Fortune 500 financial services company in all aspects of design and development contracting for new corporate campus.
- Representation of Fortune 500 healthcare products company in all aspects of design and development contracting for new corporate office complex.
- Representation of regional private hospital in design and development contracting for replacement hospital and medical office facilities.
- Representation of Fortune 500 company in negotiating design-build and design-bid-build contracts for expansion of numerous warehouse and production facilities.
- Representation of local public service authority in negotiation and drafting of interim and comprehensive agreements for design and construction of upgrades to wastewater reclamation facility.
- Representation of local public service authority in developing and implementing construction management guidelines for use in procuring new administrative office and water treatment facilities and in developing and implementing design-build guidelines for use in procuring new stormwater management system.
- Representation of design-builder in contract negotiations under the PPEA for development of a new public elementary school.
- Representation of the owner of an internationally recognized historic site in design and construction contracts related to expansion and renovation of facilities.
- Representation of local economic development authority in development of procurement manual and procurement of multiple professional and non-professional consultants.
- Representation of regional beverage company in multiple office and warehouse development and expansion projects.
University of Virginia School of LawJD
Notes Editor and Member, Virginia Law Review1997
The College of William & MaryBA
summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa1994
- Speaker, "Material Cost Escalation and Supply Chain Issues", Construction Industry Challenges 2022, May 24, 2022
- Speaker, Virginia Public Procurement Issues: What You Should Know, McGuireWoods LLP Webinar, April 5, 2016
- Author, Virginia Public Procurement Issues: What You Should Know, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 18, 2016