Katie focuses her practice on advising private equity funds and other institutional investors and strategic acquirers in connection with mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, partnerships, and a wide range of general commercial transactions, including a variety of corporate contracting matters. She serves as a trusted advisor in transactions of all sizes and at all stages of development, ranging from startup companies to large multinational corporations
Katie handles transactions and serves clients in a number of industries, particularly in the automotive, transportation and private equity industries. She also has experience in technology, electronics, manufacturing, healthcare, database subscription services, digital and print marketing and advertising, mortgage origination and servicing, steel fabrication, specialty foods and quick-service restaurants.
- Represented a global private equity firm in numerous disposition transactions involving the sale of various REITs and other subsidiaries for purchase prices ranging from approximately $20 million to $1.8 billion.
- Represented a private equity firm in various portfolio company disposition transactions, including a $144 million disposition of a portfolio company in the steel fabrication industry.
- Represented a private equity firm in multiple acquisition transactions, including a $108 million acquisition of a majority interest in a supplier and processor of certain specialty food products.
- Represented a global private equity firm in an approximately $7.6 billion acquisition of a privately held multifamily investment company.
- Represented a private equity portfolio company in a $20 million acquisition of the assets of several companies that mine, produce and sell a variety of sand products.
- Vanderbilt University Law SchoolJD2010
Rockhurst UniversityBAPolitical Science and Spanish
summa cum laude2007
summa cum laude2007
Member, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Dallas Chapter
President, Vanderbilt Alumni Association, Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter
Member, Dallas Bar Association
Class of 2022, Dallas Bar Association, WE LEAD