Tevin is an associate in McGuireWoods Chicago office, and he focuses on all aspects of labor and employment law, representing employers across industries in a wide array of employment matters. He regularly defends employers in various types of employment related disputes in both state and federal court, including claims under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and state discrimination and sexual harassment suits. Tevin also has experience defending clients in actions related to trade secret misappropriation and restrictive covenants.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Tevin worked for a private law firm, where he concentrated his practice in both commercial litigation and labor and employment. While in law school, he served as a judicial extern for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and represented underserved individuals in the South Bend, Indiana area in landlord/tenant disputes as part of his school’s Economic Justice Clinic.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Author, Illinois and Hawaii Require Employers to Disclose Pay Scales in Job Postings, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 16, 2023
- Author, Student-Athlete Landscape Continues to Evolve at National and International Levels, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 15, 2022
- Author, New York Drastically Expands Employee Whistleblower Protections, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 2, 2022
- Notre Dame Law SchoolJD2019
University of St. FrancisBAPolitical Science, minor in Management
magna cum laude2016
Committee Member, YLS (Young Lawyers Section): Labor and Employment Law, Chicago Bar Association, 2022