Megan focuses her practice on healthcare transactional work, representing life sciences companies, a wide range of healthcare providers and private equity sponsors in healthcare transactions and corporate and compliance matters. In this capacity, Megan regularly drafts and negotiates operating agreements, purchase agreements, subscription agreements, physician or dental employment agreements, and other ancillary documents.
In addition to transactional work, Megan also counsels clients on a variety of other matters, including corporate structuring, corporate practice of medicine, fraud and abuse and FDA compliance.
In law school, Megan cofounded the Health Law and Policy Society and also served as a notes editor for the William & Mary Law Review. Prior to attending law school, Megan worked in the biomedical industry in development and sales and marketing. She also worked at a leading Virginia health system. Because of these experiences, Megan grasps the complex business objectives and compliance issues that are unique to the healthcare industry.
- Advised physicians and dental and orthodontic providers in practice sales to private equity-backed management services organizations.
- Drafted and negotiated primary transaction documents and researched regulatory requirements for the sales and purchases of biomedical products, including biomedical devices, clinical supplies, and tissue products and other biospecimens.
- Represented private companies in the healthcare and life sciences industries in connection with M&A transactions, strategic investments and general company representation.
- Advised health systems on regulatory and compliance matters.
William & Mary Law SchoolJD
summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Notes Editor, William & Mary Law Review2019
University of San DiegoBABiology
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Health Care Law, 2024
Named to “Virginia Rising Stars,” Healthcare, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2023
Named a “Top Lawyer of Coastal Virginia,” Health Care Law, CoVa Biz Magazine, 2022
- Author, End of COVID-19 Emergency: Legal Implications for Healthcare Providers, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 1, 2023