Ji’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation. With experience in Hatch-Waxman litigation and investigations before the International Trade Commission (ITC), Ji represents a diverse range of clients in the pharmaceutical and consumer products manufacturing industries.
Ji’s experience spans from pre-litigation analysis and pre-trial activities to trial, including fact and expert discovery, Markman strategy and briefing, and motion practices. Ji’s ITC practice covers investigations of alleged patent and trademark infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and unfair importation.
Prior to law school, Ji worked as a research assistant in the automotive industry, specifically with respect to synthetic rubber for tires, and biodegradable materials for food packaging.
Ji is also passionate about helping those in need. While attending Wake Forest University, Ji was honored with the President’s Volunteer Service Award for providing over 200 hours of community service.
- Represented leading pharmaceutical companies in Hatch-Waxman litigation, including:
- case regarding client’s ANDA to make a generic version of Giapreza® (angiotensin II), indicated for treating low blood pressure in adults with septic or other distributive shock (D.N.J.).
- case regarding client’s ANDA to make a generic version of injectable antibiotic Minocin® (minocycline) (N.D. Ill.).
- case regarding client’s ANDA to make a generic version of Calquence® (acalbrutinib), indicated for treating certain types of cancer (mantle cell lymphoma, small lymphocytic lymphoma, and chronic lymphocytic leukemia) (D. Del.).
- case regarding client’s ANDA to make a generic version of Akynzeo® (fosnetupitant/palonosetron), indicated for prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy (D.N.J.). Case settled on favorable terms to client.
- case regarding client’s ANDA to make a generic version of Injectafer® (ferric carboxymaltose), indicated for treating iron deficiency anemia (D.N.J.). Case settled on favorable terms to client following trial.
- case regarding client’s ANDA to make a generic version of Trintellix® (vortioxetine), indicated for treating major depressive disorder (D. Del.). Court decided no infringement by client.
- Obtained 17.5M in damages for major electronic and technology company in a design patent litigation involving rugged laptop (C.D. Cal.).
- Represented leading medical device company in defending against patent infringement case concerning hemostatic clips used to stop internal bleeding (S.D. Ind.).
- Successfully defended technology company against patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation claims concerning software related to private capital management system (N.D. Cal.).
- Successfully defended multinational technology company in litigation concerning trade secret misappropriation, copyright infringement, and breach of contract (N.D. Cal.).
- Successfully dismissed case on behalf of technology company accused of trade secret misappropriation (N.D. Cal.).
- Represented electronic device company in defending against patent infringement case concerning analyzer system (D. Del.).
- Successfully defended foreign company in a 337 investigation on patent and trademark infringement concerning reusable diapers (USITC).
- Represented automotive technology company in ITC sunset review concerning tapered roller bearings (USITC).
American University Washington College of LawJD
Senior Staff, Administrative Law Review2017
Wake Forest UniversityBAChemistry and Chinese
magna cum laude, Dean’s List2012
Member, District of Columbia Bar
Member, Virginia State Bar
- Author, "Life Sciences in the Metaverse", JDSupra, July 26, 2022
- Author, "The Commission’s 2021 Statistics Show Section 337 Trending Upward", 337 Reporter Monthly Round-Up, ITC TLA, December 1, 2021