David represents financial institutions and other business clients on a wide range of finance and general business matters, including asset securitization, lease finance and commercial lending transactions.
He has substantial experience structuring and documenting asset securitization transactions involving traditional and nontraditional financial assets, including the public issuance and private placement of term and variable asset-backed securities, the securitization of financial assets through asset-backed commercial paper programs, and the acquisition of performing and nonperforming securitization assets. In addition to his structured finance practice, David regularly represents lease finance companies in connection with complex vendor finance and portfolio purchase transactions and lenders and borrowers in connection with syndicated and bilateral cash-flow and asset-based loans, acquisition financings involving financial assets, and other debt finance transactions.
- Representation of numerous clients for more than 25 years in connection with the public and private securitization of a wide range of financial assets, including automobile loans, credit card receivables, trade receivables, and renewable energy and energy efficiency receivables.
- Representation of receivable investment company in connection with the acquisition of the transferor interest in a $1.6 billion public credit card securitization program.
- Representation of national equipment financing company in connection with the creation of a limited recourse lease purchase program and the initial acquisition of approximately $180 million of commercial equipment leases through a bankruptcy-remote special purpose entity.
- Representation of global banking institution in connection with a $600 million structured bank facility secured by trade receivables.
- Representation of national automobile retailer in connection with a $600 million credit facility secured by motor vehicle inventory.
- Representation of numerous operating companies in connection with committed and uncommitted receivables purchase facilities.