Reed regularly structures, negotiates and documents a variety of financing arrangements, including working capital financing, real estate secured financing, debtor-in-possession financing and bridge financing, with special emphases on asset-based lending and acquisition financing. Often, these arrangements include syndicated multi-facility and multi-currency secured credit arrangements. He also has extensive experience with problem loan workouts and restructurings, negotiations, as well as bankruptcy, foreclosures and direct involvement in enforcement of other creditors’ rights.
Reed serves as a trusted advisor to clients across a broad array of industries and transactions involving revolving and term loans secured by, among other things, rolling stock, wine and spirits, health care receivables, government receivables, in-transit inventory, foreign collateral, public figure endorsement contracts, precious metals, secured loan receivables, and oil and gas machinery and equipment.
- $530 million agent representation in asset-based revolving credit facility for winery and distillery involving acquisition of competitor.
- $500 million agent representation in asset-based revolving, term loan and delayed draw cross-border facilities for apparel company.
- $270 million agent representation in asset-based revolving, term loan and delayed draw credit facilities for optometry and related medical practice enterprise.
- $340 million borrower representation in syndicated asset-based revolving facility for equipment lessor and secured lender involving leveraged buyout.
- $250 million agent representation in syndicated real estate-based revolving facility for car wash operator.
- $200 million borrower representation in asset-based revolving and delayed draw facilities for grocery store chain.
- $200 million borrower representation in asset-based revolving and term loan split lien, cross-border facilities for toy manufacturer.
- $180 million borrower representation in asset-based revolving and term loan credit facilities for health care provider.
- $150 million lender representation in asset-based revolving facility for trucking company involving multiple related acquisitions.
- $50 million lender representation in asset-based revolving facility for jewelry store chain.
- University of California Berkeley School of LawJD2006
- New York UniversityBA2002
- Speaker, "Implications and Practical Issues in the Switch from the LIBOR Index to the SOFR Index", Western Bankers Association Leaders & Chief Credit Officers Conference, October 6, 2019
- Panelist, "Emergence of Tariffs: What Does This All Mean for the Lending Marketplace?", Commercial Finance Conference of California (CFCC), October 3, 2018