Jessica’s practice covers a wide range of matters that arise when doing business with the United States government. She assists clients in complying with the complex array of regulations governing those entities that enter agreements with the federal government, whether by traditional contracting under the Federal Acquisition Regulation and its supplements, or through funding agreements under 2 C.F.R. Part 200.
Jessica represents government contractors of all industries in litigation against federal agencies, including pursuing and defending bid protests before the Government Accountability Office and the Court of Federal Claims, appealing Small Business Administration determinations before that agency’s Office of Hearings and Appeals, and litigating Contract Disputes Act claims before the contract appeals boards. She also assists buyers and sellers navigate the unique government contracting regulatory challenges presented by complex corporate transactions. Jessica additionally assists clients in responding to government investigations.
Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason UniversityJD
Research Editor, George Mason Law Review2019
Indiana University BloomingtonBAInternational Studies, Political Science
Executive Dean’s List; with Distinction2015
- Author, Preparing for an Impending Government Shutdown: Legal Hurdles for Federal Contractors, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 28, 2023
- Author, OMB Issues Final Guidance for Build America, Buy America Requirements, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 18, 2023
- Author, DHS Issues Final Rule Regulating Federal Contractors’ Handling of Controlled Unclassified Information, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 19, 2023
- Author, Navigating the Debt Ceiling: Legal Issues for Federal Contractors, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 26, 2023
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Hon. Ryan T. Holte, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2019-2020