Alice is an associate in the firm’s Business and Securities Litigation department. She represents a diverse range of clients in complex multijurisdictional cases in the High Court, the Court of Appeal, and in international arbitrations in forums such as the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) and the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
Alongside her litigation work, Alice also specializes in advising multinational clients on compliance with UK and EU data protection laws. She holds the CIPP/E certification as a Certified Information Privacy Professional from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Advising a corporate client in relation to recovering a substantial debt from a company based in the British Virgin Islands.
- Defending an Israeli individual against a multimillion pound claim for embezzlement of funds in the Commercial Court brought by the client’s former business partner and by various offshore companies.
- Representation of an individual in his defense of proceedings brought against him under the Bribery Act 2010;
- Representing a multinational business in relation to the defense of numerous alleged follow-on damages claims in the High Court.
- Defending a Swedish engineering company against proceedings in the LCIA in connection with an earn-out payment allegedly due under a share purchase agreement.
- Representing a Romanian non-profit with a claim against a Dutch engineering company in ICC arbitration proceedings.
- Representing a trading company in connection with disputes with certain regulators, including appealing to the Privy Council in connection with a decision made by the Cayman Islands Court of Appeal.
- Preparing two requests for individual guidance to the FCA on behalf of an overseas client who had concerns that its proposed business may amount to a regulated activity under s19 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000;
- Advising a corporate property owner (with a portfolio worth around £450 million) in relation to an ongoing dispute with its property management company. This included applying to court on behalf of the property owner for a specific performance injunction against the management company.
Data Privacy and Security
- Advising international clients on the application and scope of UK and EU data protection laws.
- Advising a diverse range of clients, including a global nonprofit organization, a UK investment company, a care home operator and a U.S. based chemical corporation, in relation to GDPR compliance.
- Assisting clients to handle data subject rights requests (particularly those received in a contentious context) lawfully, efficiently and tactically.
- Assisting clients with data protection-related Brexit planning.
- Solicitor England and Wales
- Co-author, "Generative artificial intelligence in dispute resolution", Financier Worldwide, December 2023
- Author, "Employers Beware: The Rise of AI (Regulation)", Corporate Counsel Business Journal, April 24, 2023
- Author, Employers Beware: The Rise of AI (Regulation), McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 17, 2023
- Author, CNPD v. Amazon: The Largest GDPR Fine on Record, Password Protected, August 16, 2021
- Co-author, "What Lies Ahead? Data Privacy and Security", Meet McGuireWoods London, June 24, 2021
- Author, A Change of Climate in the Courts, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 15, 2021
- Co-author, "What Lies Ahead? Competition Law and Investment Regulation", Meet McGuireWoods London, May 26, 2021
- Co-author, "What Lies Ahead? International Dispute Resolution", Meet McGuireWoods London, May 12, 2021
- Author, UK Supreme Court Allows Nigerian Environmental Damage Claims to Proceed Against UK Parent Company, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 15, 2021
- Author, Budget Launches Taskforce to Uncover Exploitation of UK COVID-19 Financial Rescue Schemes, Subject to Inquiry, March 3, 2021
- Author, With Fraud Against UK Businesses at Epidemic Levels, Businesses Need to Know How to Protect Themselves, Subject to Inquiry, February 5, 2021
- Author, California Privacy Rights Act: A Move Closer to GDPR? Part II, Password Protected, January 20, 2021
- Author, California Privacy Rights Act: A Move Closer to GDPR? Part I, Password Protected, January 7, 2021
- Author, "Federal Data Privacy Legislation: Will It Help the U.S. Remain Competitive in the Global Marketplace?", Corporate Counsel Business Journal, December 9, 2020
- Author, FCA Bans Three People From Working Financial Services Industry, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 12, 2020
- Author, 2020 LCIA Arbitration Rules: Updates Focus on Modernisation and Efficiency, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 30, 2020
- Author, Federal Data Privacy Legislation: Will it Help the US Remain Competitive in the Global Marketplace?, Password Protected, September 28, 2020
- Author, UK Ruling a “Significant Step” Toward Certainty for COVID-19 Business Interruption Claims, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 21, 2020
- Author, Subject Access Requests and Cross-Border Privilege: Tips for In-House Counsel, Password Protected, August 18, 2020
- Author, Blackbaud Data Breach: Should You Notify Affected Individuals or EU Data Protection Authorities?, Password Protected, July 27, 2020
- Author, The General Data Protection Regulation’s First Birthday, Password Protected, May 28, 2019
- Author, Federal Cartel Office vs. Facebook: When Data Privacy and Competition Law Collide, Password Protected, March 5, 2019
- Author, 10 Lessons From the Largest Data Protection Fine Ever Issued — Part Two, Password Protected, January 31, 2019
- Author, 10 Lessons From the Largest Data Protection Fine Ever Issued, Password Protected, January 30, 2019
- Quoted, "What To Do To Make Sure You’re Ready For GDPR", Compliance Week, May 16, 2018
- Author, Retailers, Consent and the GDPR: Is Your Business in Breach?, Password Protected, May 10, 2018
- The College of LawGDL2010
University of St AndrewsSpanish and PhilosophySpanish and Philosophy
Distinction in Spoken Spanish