Lucia practices in the area of real estate focusing on all aspects of commercial real estate transactions related to the financing, acquisition and disposition of large commercial and retail properties, commercial and residential buildings and hotels.
Her experience includes representation of institutional lenders on originating and servicing/administration of mezzanine and mortgage loans, restructures, workouts, UCC foreclosures, commercial acquisitions and dispositions, participations and other investments, as well as representation of investors and operating partners in joint ventures related to commercial real estate. Lucia also represents institutional investors in connection with the acquisition and financing of distressed debt.
Lucia has also gained valuable experience working on secondment as general counsel for a national real estate investment management and advisory services company.
- Representation of life insurance company as program counsel in mortgage lending platform.
- Member of team acting as program counsel for conduit lenders in large and small scale originations of commercial mortgages for securitization and portfolio investment.
- Representation of financial institutions in equity investment program, including acquisition, financing and disposition of office, retail, hospitality and industrial real estate assets.
- Representation of the private equity arm of a global investment firm in various joint ventures to acquire and develop office buildings, apartment buildings and hotels across the United States.
- Representation of a life insurance company as the directing B note lender in the restructure and sale of a $157,000 C note of a $567,000 mortgage note relating to office property in Washington, D.C.
- Representation of investment manager in various finance, acquisition, disposition and co-investment arrangements.
St. John’s University School of LawJD
Dean’s List, Articles and Notes Editor, St. John’s Law Review
- The College of William & MaryBAGovernment
- Co-author, "Single Family Residential Portfolio Financing: The Pixilation of Commercial Real Estate," CRE Finance World, Winter 2015
- Author, "Dodd-Frank ‘Risk Retention’ Rule Will Be Felt Industry-Wide," New York Law Journal, June 20, 2011