Kelly focuses her practice on corporate and private equity transactions. She represents public and privately-held companies, private equity funds, and institutional investors across multiple industries in a wide range of transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
Kelly’s corporate practice is enhanced by her experience working on secondment in the legal department of a global publicly traded manufacturing company.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Kelly was a mergers and acquisitions attorney at a large regional law firm, headquartered in Pittsburgh, where while earning her law degree, she served as a law clerk and summer associate.
Before attending law school, Kelly served as the global manager of legal services of a Fortune 300 manufacturing company.
- Representation of leading consumer products company in the sale of 100% equity of the company for a purchase price of $150 million dollars with United States and international operations.
- Representation of a multinational chemical regulatory compliance company in the sale of 100% of the equity of the company for a purchase price of over $150 million.
- Representation of client and its majority owners in connection with a $100 million dollar healthcare portfolio sale.
- Representation of a steel manufacturing facility in the sale of 100% of the equity of the company for a purchase price of approximately $81 million with both United States and global components.
- Represented a recognized world leader in chemical regulatory compliance and data solutions in the sale of 100% of the equity of the company with a broad range of customers, mostly large multinationals, covering more than 120 countries around the world in 44 different languages for a purchase price of $40 million dollars.
- Representation of privately held real estate investment company in multiple acquisitions and divestitures.
- Representation of a private manufacturer and distributor of food products in its acquisition of a competitor.
- Managed complex due diligence reviews for various acquisitions across a wide variety of industries.
- University of Pittsburgh School of LawJD2017
- University of PittsburghBAHumanities (Writing, Communications, History of Art and Architecture), with a Certificate in Professional Communications (Concentrations in Rhetorical Theory, Public Argument and Deliberation)2011
Vice-Chair, Bylaws Committee, Allegheny County Bar Association, 2019-present
Mentor, Corporate Counsel Women of Color, 2019-present
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Selected to “Pennsylvania Rising Stars,” Mergers & Acquisitions, SuperLawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2023
Cohort Member, Women’s Institute for Leadership in the Law, Allegheny County Bar Association, 2020-present
Recipient, American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence, ABI, 2017
Recipient, Judge Gerald K. Gibson Award, Allegheny County Bar Association, 2017
Recipient, CALI Award, Bankruptcy Law, 2017
Fellow, Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project, 2016