Clare represents companies and individuals in a variety of investigations and enforcement actions by government entities including the Department of Justice (DOJ), Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Clare is a member of the firm’s Government Investigations & White Collar Litigation Department. She conducts confidential internal investigations and addresses complex legal issues clients face in government and internal investigations. She also works with U.S. broker-dealers on issues arising under SEC and FINRA rules.
- University of Virginia School of LawJD2020
- University of VirginiaBAPhilosophy2015
- Author, Cross-Border Enforcement and Trends — 2022 Year in Review, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 21, 2023
- Author, DOJ Criminal Chief Points to Prevention as Key Aspect of Corporate Compliance, Subject to Inquiry, July 18, 2022
- Author, FINRA Releases 2022 Report on Examination and Risk Monitoring Program, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 15, 2022
- Author, DOJ Indictment Highlights Methods Utilized by State Sponsored Cybercriminal Organization to Attack Major Industry and Government Entities, Subject to Inquiry, February 25, 2021
- Author, CISA, FBI, and Treasury Issue Guidance on State Sponsored Cryptocurrency Malware Targeting Financial Institutions and Cryptocurrency Exchanges, Subject to Inquiry, February 25, 2021
- Author, Congress Affirms and Extends SEC’s Disgorgement Powers, Subject to Inquiry, January 13, 2021
- District of Columbia