Ryder S. Rudd has diversified experience working in state government and regulatory affairs. Before joining the private sector, Mr. Rudd had an accomplished public service career within state government where he honed his knowledge of governmental, regulatory and legislative issues.
Ryder has worked for several major state agencies such as the Executive Office of the Governor, the Department of Management Services, the Department of Environmental Protection, and the Public Service Commission.
Ryder directed or was involved in a number of critical issues including, but not limited to: energy policy, electric, gas, and water utilities, telecommunications, environmental protection, growth management, water resources, state lands, real estate, state health insurance, human resources, state purchasing and procurement, state agency vendor contracts, and the state retirement system.
Ryder currently represents a number of private sector clients and associations in Tallahassee. His body of work has not only allowed him to learn the complexities of government in these subject areas, but also provided him the opportunity to build key relationships with decision makers at the appropriate levels in government, providing great value and benefit to the clients he serves. He is intimately familiar with state procurement, regulatory structure, and the legislative process which allows him to help his clients by providing access, information, and protection through these complicated entities.
Ryder moved to Tallahassee from Jacksonville in 1996. He received a Bachelors of Science Degree in Political Science from Florida State University. He is married to Sharon Rudd and they have two girls.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC (“MWC”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the McGuireWoods LLP law firm. From time to time, various McGuireWoods lawyers provide non-legal services to MWC clients, but MWC cannot provide legal services or advice. Therefore, any work MWC performs for a client does not give rise to an attorney-client relationship or privilege. Should you require legal services from McGuireWoods, as well as consulting services from MWC, you must engage the law firm separately.
- Author, Will Florida Finally Reach a Casino, Sports Betting Deal?, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, April 28, 2021
- Author, Update on Major Consumer Data Privacy Legislation in Florida Legislature, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, April 27, 2021
- Author, Florida Governor Issues Executive Order Prohibiting COVID-19 Vaccine Passports, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, April 2, 2021
- Author, Florida House Moving on Major Consumer Data Privacy Legislation, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, February 24, 2021
- Author, Consumer Privacy Legislation Expected in Florida Legislature, McGuireWoods Consulting LLC, January 6, 2021
- Florida State UniversityBSPolitical Science2004