Abigail focuses her practice on complex business litigation, white collar criminal defense, and multijurisdictional investigations and litigations.
Abigail has been involved in some of the nation’s largest, most high-profile litigations, including the opioid litigation and environmental litigation surrounding the Diamond Alkali Superfund Site . Her practice covers a range of areas including matters involving fraud, healthcare fraud, unfair competition, regulatory enforcement, environmental litigation, and other high stakes litigation, investigations, and criminal defense.
Abigail has particular experience in representing companies and financial institutions in multi-jurisdictional disputes, including disputes related to Switzerland, Ecuador, U.K., Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan. She is also focused on the regulatory and criminal investigations related to cryptocurrency.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Abigail served as a law clerk to the Honorable Judge Kim McLane Wardlaw of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. She has practiced in both New York and California and is a member of both bars.
Abigail has an active pro bono practice and has successfully represented several young domestic violence victims in Family Court. In law school, Abigail received the Student Leadership Award for her work with Mentoring Youth Legal Education.
- Represented pharmacy in state litigations for the nationwide opioid litigation.
- Represented Swiss bank in multijurisdictional criminal and civil law suits in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Singapore. Successfully overturned arbitration award in Hong Kong.
- Represented hospital in civil and criminal investigations by DOJ related to Stark and anti-kickback.
- Represented multi-level marketing company in internal investigations.
- Represented brokerage firm in multibillion dollar accounting malpractice action.
- Represented mutual fund in SEC investigation concerning capital gains.
- Represented Fortune 500 Company in nationwide civil litigation and criminal investigations involving thousands of lawsuits related to alleged unlawful dispensing and distribution of pharmaceuticals.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Author, Massachusetts Attorney General Increasing Enforcement in Car Repossession Space, Subject to Inquiry, August 28, 2023
- Author, Cross-Border Enforcement and Trends — 2022 Year in Review, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 21, 2023
- Author, Despite $100M Settlement With SEC, BlockFi Still Under Fire From Investors, Consumer FinSights, March 10, 2022
- Author, Biden Administration to Focus on Cryptocurrency as Working Group Issues Report on Stablecoins, Consumer FinSights, December 7, 2021
Fordham University School of LawJD
Writer, Journal of Corporate and Financial Law2014
- Washington and Lee UniversityBA2011
Recipient, Student Leadership Award for work with Mentoring Youth Legal Education, Fordham University School of Law, 2014
Recipient, The Young Scholarship: “Best Senior Thesis,” Washington & Lee University, 2011