Thursday, June 23, 2011 – Complimentary Webinar
Healthcare reform has caused tax-exempt hospitals and health systems to reevaluate whether they are taking the necessary steps to conform to tax-exempt guidelines. Although no mandates have been set, the government is looking closer at how tax-exempt hospitals and health systems are fulfilling their tax-exempt purpose for qualification. Learn from a former government official and attorneys representing nonprofit hospitals about new guidelines, important issues to remember in maintaining tax-exempt status, and considerations when conducting an internal audit.
- Overview of Increasing Enforcement Activities
- Review of Physician-Hospital Relationships
- How to Effectively Conduct an Internal Exempt Hospital Compliance Audit
- Scott Becker, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Milton Cerny, Counsel, McGuireWoods LLP
- Anna Timmerman, Associate, McGuireWoods LLP
For information on upcoming McGuireWoods seminars, visit our events section.