Panel Review of the 2012-13 U.S. Supreme Court Term and Preview of the Upcoming 2013-14 Term with Particular Emphasis on Decisions that Impact the Business Community
- Webinar replay (WMV)
- Slide Presentation
- American Express Co. et al. v. Italian Colors Restaurant et al.
- Comcast Corp. et al. v. Behrend et al.
- Mutual Pharmaceutical Co., Inc v. Bartlett
In recent terms, the U.S. Supreme Court has increasingly focused on business issues that fundamentally affect how corporations operate and litigate. Some commentators have called the Roberts court “the most pro-business of any since the 1930s,” while others offer a more nuanced view. Either way, it’s undisputed that not only is the Supreme Court deciding more business cases, its decisions are affecting corporations to a greater degree.
- An overview of the most significant decisions from last year’s term for business and the practical implications of those decisions.
- Recent trends in the U.S. Supreme Court’s operation and rulings that may impact the business community.
- Commentary on the direction the court may be heading in the future.
- A preview of significant cases the court may decide in the upcoming term that may have significant consequences for those in the business community.
- A discussion of the likely outcomes of cases in the upcoming term.
- E. Duncan Getchell Jr., Solicitor General of Virginia
- Tennille J. Checkovich, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Matthew A. Fitzgerald, Associate, McGuireWoods LLP
- Andrew J. Trask, Counsel, McGuireWoods LLP
- R. Trent Taylor, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP (Moderator)