8:30-10 a.m. (ET)
Please join McGuireWoods lawyers
John Thomas and
Daniel Masakayan and the
Northern Virginia Society for Human Resource Management for a discussion about the workplace effect of Virginia’s new cannabis laws
and recent changes to the Virginia Human Rights Act.
Virginia’s New Marijuana Laws:
Accommodating medical marijuana used for a disability
- Addressing off-duty, recreational use of marijuana, now legal under state
- Responding to new employment protections for using cannabis oil
The Virginia Human Rights Act:
- Understanding recent changes to the Virginia Human Rights Act and other
- Amending company procedures to provide new notices under the disability
and pregnancy laws
- The intersection of the new disability laws under the Virginia Human
Rights Act and the Virginians with Disabilities Act
Preparing for and responding to discrimination and retaliation claims under
the new state laws
1.5 HRCI and SHRM credits are pending.
For more information contact Nicole Falkenburry.
Our programs are intended for the benefit of our clients and contacts and we reserve the right to refuse any registration at our sole discretion.