McGuireWoods ranked among the top law firms for advising corporate issuers and underwriters in U.S. capital markets transactions in the first half of 2018, according to league tables published by Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters.
The firm’s capital markets team earned top 10 rankings in the following categories in the Bloomberg Global Adviser League Tables and Thomson Reuters’ Global Capital Markets Review:
- No. 9 in volume ($20.9 billion) and No. 6 in deal count (28) in U.S. Straight Debt Excluding Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) and Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBS);
- No. 6 in volume ($20.1 billion) and No. 12 in deal count (15) in U.S. Investment Grade Corporate Bonds;
- No. 9 in volume ($20.1 billion) and No. 16 in deal count (15) for U.S. Corporate Bonds;
- No. 1 in volume ($1.5 billion) in Canada Corporate Bonds; and
- No. 8 in deal count (28) in U.S. Straight Debt Including ABS and MBS.
McGuireWoods also ranked 12th in volume ($20.9 billion) in U.S. Straight Debt Including ABS and MBS; 13th in deal count (32) and proceeds ($22.5 billion) in U.S. Debt, Equity and Equity-Related Transactions; 16th for U.S. Equity Linked Transactions ($250 million); and 18th for U.S. Equity Offerings ($1.5 billion).
The firm had a strong showing for global transactions, ranking 13th in deal count (28) and No. 15 in volume ($20.9 billion) in Global Straight Debt Excluding ABS and MBS; 15th in deal count (28) and volume ($20.9 billion) in Global Straight Debt Including ABS and MBS; and 13th in volume ($7.8 billion) for Global Bonds.
Notable transactions for the first half of 2018 include representing international biopharmaceutical company Biofrontera AG in its initial public offering on the NASDAQ Capital Market, representing Dominion Energy in its $1.4 billion public offering of common stock via forward sale, and advising American Woodmark in its private offering of $350 million in senior notes.
“League table rankings are just one measure of the exceptional work our lawyers do on behalf of our clients,” said Greg Kilpatrick, chair of the firm’s Securities & Capital Markets Department. “We appreciate the confidence our clients place in us and the opportunity to assist them in these transactions.”