Steven helps individuals, companies, and fiduciaries navigate complex issues relating to business interests, fiduciary litigation, and wealth management.
Steven uses his knowledge of transactional, corporate, and tax law to deliver practical advice to his clients. He frequently advises clients in relation to litigation, arbitration, and mediation. Steven’s clients include national banks, large businesses, and high net worth individuals.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Steven gained international legal experience at a firm in London, UK. He also worked for several years at one of the world’s largest oil companies before attending law school. Steven is admitted to practice in Virginia and New York. He holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Virginia School of Law and a Bachelor of Science in Business from the University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management.
- Counseled national bank on fiduciary management of multibillion-dollar trust fund.
- Advised client on settlement of dispute over management of large family business.
- Prepared buy-sell agreement, promissory note, and related transactional documents for a corporate deal involving a successful entrepreneur.
- New York
- Author, Recent Cases of Interest to Fiduciaries: May 2023, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 9, 2023
- University of Virginia School of LawJD2021
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of ManagementBSB2015
- Speaker, "The New Corporate Transparency Act: What You Need to Know Before January 1, 2024", Annual Wealth Planning Update for Fiduciaries and Advisers, October 25, 2023