TJ focuses his practice on intellectual property litigation and has represented clients in patent, copyright, and trademark disputes. His experience spans a variety of industries and technologies, including electronics, computer rendering, and data and signal processing.
Before joining McGuireWoods, TJ litigated intellectual property cases defending against non-practicing entities. He also practiced in the Middle East litigating international regulatory and diplomatic disputes.
- Defense of prolific marketing analytics company; obtained favorable settlement of patent infringement claims brought in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Defense of one of the world’s largest computer manufacturers; obtained settlement of patent infringement claims brought in the International Trade Commission.
- Defense of marketing firm in copyright infringement case; obtained favorable settlement.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
The University of Texas School of LawJD
Staff Editor, Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal2015
The University of Texas at DallasBSElectrical Engineering
magna cum laude2012
Member, Dallas Bar Association
Member, Dallas Bar Association Intellectual Property Law Section
Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Member, PTAB Bar Association