Utilizing her two years of judicial clerkship experience, Sarah’s practice focuses on commercial litigation matters.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Sarah served as law clerk to Senior United States District Judge Robert Junell and United States District Judge David Counts for the Western District of Texas. Sarah received her J.D., cum laude, from Baylor Law School where she competed in moot court competitions and was a member of the Order of the Barristers.
- Obtained complete dismissal of putative class action in Texas federal court for a global inspection company related to train derailment and alleged environmental and power outage issues.
- Prosecuted bet-the-company trade secret and breach of fiduciary litigation for Fortune 150 energy company, obtaining a significant settlement at the eve of trial.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2023, 2024
- Author, Texas Judge’s Mandate on Generative Artificial Intelligence Provides Lawyers Job Security … For Now, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 7, 2023
- Author, Trade Secret Tidbits: February 2023, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 1, 2023
- Author, Texas Appellate Court Analyzes Purchase and Sale Agreement Drafting and Terms, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 15, 2021
- Author, Key Amendments to Texas Rules of Civil Procedure, Effective January 2021, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 23, 2021
- Contributing Author, “Chapter 11: HIPAA Compliance in Discovery", Infectious Disease Litigation: Science, Law & Procedure, February 2021
- Author, 6th Circuit Delivers Highly Anticipated Decision on Discovery in International Arbitration, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 27, 2019
Baylor Law SchoolJD
cum laude, Dean’s List2017
The University of Texas at AustinBAPublic Relations
Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Sponsor, 35th Annual Evening with the Judiciary, Houston Young Lawyers Association, October 28, 2021
- Hon. David Counts, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, 2018-2019
- Hon. Robert Junell, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, 2017-2018