Hannah focuses her practice on commercial real estate within the UK. She has acted on many high value lettings within the life sciences, retail and offices spheres as well as sales and purchases of industrial, retail properties and student accommodation developments. She has represented a broad range of clients including landlords, tenants, developers, and institutional investors. In addition, she has also advised on the real estate aspects of corporate sales, acquisitions, and financings.
Hannah is an active member of The Association of Women in Property, Interlaw Diversity Forum and Investment Property Forum.
Hannah joined McGuireWoods LLP in July 2018.
- Hannah is the first port of call for AstraZeneca and MedImmune in respect of legal issues relating to their research and life sciences development in Cambridge, which consists of 19,000 square metres of laboratories and is valued at approximately £1 billion.
- Advised a Jersey incorporated real estate investment company on the £36 million sale of a newly developed shopping centre in Stafford. Drafted all transactional documents in connection with the sale and lead an internal cross-departmental team in collating complex replies to enquiries
- Advised an investment fund on all property law elements of the £71.5 million corporate sale of a multi-let office building in South London
- Advised a pension fund on the £16.8 million purchase of a warehouse/industrial estate in Bristol. Drafted and negotiated transactional documents and lead an internal team conducting lease reviews. Following completion, managed all legal work in respect of the estate on behalf of the client
- Acted for landlords and tenants on the negotiation and grant of office, retail and research premises leases, including supplemental and reversionary leases and 1954 act renewals
- Acted for landlords on the conclusion of leases, including deeds of surrender, surrenders by way of transfer, service of break notices and peaceable re-entry
- Drafted and negotiated conditional agreements for lease and provisions for early access
- Drafted and negotiated various leasehold management documents including licences to assign, underlet and alter and side letters to document rental concessions and landlord’s capital contributions
- Advised a developer on the purchase of a student accommodation development in Southampton, and subsequent transfer into a JV structure
- Advised a Jersey incorporated investment company in respect of numerous retail and leisure pre-lets of units at a £100 million shopping centre in Stafford
- Acted for Bank of America in respect of £687 million refinancing of Tottenham Hotspur’s new 62,000 seat stadium – negotiated certificate of title, property warranties and conditions precedent
- Acted for a UK student accommodation developer in respect of a term loan facility valued at £18 million secured over a property for the purpose of refinancing the cost of acquisition and development of the property
- The University of Law, London MoorgateLPC2009
- University of NottinghamLLB2008
Member, The Association of Women in Property
Member, Interlaw Diversity Forum
Member, Investment Property Forum
- Author, What UK Commercial Tenants Need to Know About Changes to Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 12, 2023
- Co-author, "What Lies Ahead? Commercial Real Estate", Meet McGuireWoods London, May 5, 2021
- Author, COVID-19: UK Introduces Non-payment Protections for Commercial Tenants, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, March 25, 2020
- Author, Date Stamp 1 March 2019: Deadline Reduced for UK Stamp Duty Payment and Filing, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 28, 2019
- Solicitor England and Wales
Named a “Recommended Lawyer,” Commercial Property: Corporate Occupiers: Leading Firm, The Legal 500 UK, 2024