Elizabeth represents public and private companies in securities transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters. She has experience representing issuers and underwriters in a range of securities offerings and transactions, including Rule 144A and registered offerings of debt securities (including investment-grade securities and structured products) and offerings of preferred stock. She also has experience establishing and updating various continuous offering programs.
Elizabeth regularly represents a major financial institution in connection with numerous liability management transactions involving trust preferred and other hybrid securities and senior, subordinated and secured debt securities, including tender offers, consent solicitations, redemptions, repurchases and exchanges. Additionally, Elizabeth counsels companies with ongoing business issues and regularly represents public companies in connection with their Exchange Act reporting and corporate governance matters. She was a Benjamin N. Duke Scholar at Duke University.
After seven years with McGuireWoods, Elizabeth spent two years as in-house legal counsel for a private retail company before returning to McGuireWoods.
- Represents an issuer in connection with its “universal” shelf registration statements.
- Represented an issuer in establishing a Rule 144A medium-term note program and in subsequent offerings under the program.
- Represented a major financial institution in connection with offerings of over $80 billion of senior and subordinated notes.
- Represented a major financial institution in offerings of over $15 billion of preferred stock.
- Represented an issuer in connection with the exchange and remarketing of $1.5 billion of hybrid securities.
- Represents a leading issuer of structured debt products.
- Represented an issuer in connection with offerings of its retail medium-term notes.
- Represented an issuer in connection with the offering of a corporate “green bond.”
- Represented underwriters in offerings of approximately $4 billion of senior notes by a major consumer products company.
- Represented a major trucking company in connection with its private placement of $300 million of senior notes.
- Represented a Charlotte-based community bank in its acquisitions of two other financial institutions.
- Represented a major financial institution in a complex corporate restructuring to simplify its overall corporate management, financial reporting and capital structure, including the realignment of over $61 billion of debt securities.
- Represented an energy company in $1 billion public offering of senior notes.
- Represented an investment firm in its $750 million acquisition of an aircraft securitization vehicle and the subsequent refinancing of notes.
- Represented a master limited partnership in connection with establishing a shelf registration statement.
- Represented a financial institution in connection with sales of its global bank notes.
- Represented an issuer in connection with its offerings of euro medium-term notes.
- Represented a major financial institution in connection with the establishment of a finance subsidiary and subsequent registration statements.
- Represented, on a pro bono basis, a local nonprofit organization in its merger with two other nonprofit organizations.
University of Virginia School of LawJD
Membership Editor, Virginia Tax Review2010
- Duke UniversityBA2004
- Author, SEC Adopts Cybersecurity Risk Management Strategy Governance Incident Disclosure Rules, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 27, 2023
- North Carolina