Joie focuses her practice on a variety of complex commercial litigation matters including government investigations, energy, and insurance recovery. As part of the firm’s Commercial Litigation and Insurance Recovery practice groups, Joie assists clients with researching and drafting motions for litigation matters, as well as preparing for matters anticipated to become litigation.
Joie also participates in the firm’s pro bono efforts including representing defendants in federal court and local journalists seeking access to public records from governmental bodies.
Before joining McGuireWoods, she served as a law clerk to the Honorable Joel M. Carson III on the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
Joie graduated cum laude from Washington University School of Law, where she served as a research assistant for two professors, a peer career advisor, and a senior editor on the Law Review. She was also the teaching assistant for two different classes over three semesters.
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- Hon. Joel M. Carson III, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, 2021-2022
Washington University in St. Louis School of LawJD
cum laude, Dean’s List, Senior Editor, Washington University Law Review2021
West Virginia Wesleyan CollegeBAHistory, minor in Political Science
summa cum laude2018
- Author, N.C. Supreme Court Provides Guidance on Maximizing Insurance Coverage for Long-Tail Claims, Pro Policyholder, January 9, 2023