Cameron proactively works with clients to prevent, litigate, and resolve employment-related claims.
He has broad experience defending employers against discrimination, retaliation, and wage-and-hour claims before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, as well as in arbitration proceedings. He also has experience in trade-secret litigation, including seeking injunctive and equitable relief related to restrictive covenants, tortious interference, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Cameron provides preventative advice regarding compliance with various federal, state, and local employment laws, including the FMLA, FLSA, NLRA, Title VII, ADEA, and the ADA. Additionally, he counsels employers regarding employment agreements, non-compete agreements, separation agreements, employee handbooks, workplace policies, and employee discipline.
Prior to entering private practice, Cameron served as law clerk to Judge Gregory Phillips of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit. He also practiced as an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of an international law firm.
University of Virginia School of LawJD
Managing Board, Journal of Law and Politics2011
University of FloridaBAHistory
magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa2007
Associate, Chester Bedell Inn of Court, 2015-2016
- Author, New Utah and Florida Laws Restrict Employer COVID-19 Vaccination Mandates, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 19, 2021
- Author, Employer Vaccination Programs and New EEOC COVID-19 Guidance, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, December 22, 2020
- Co-author, "An Employer Who Fires An Individual For Being Gay or Transgender Violates Title VII", ACC North Florida Chapter Newsletter, July 2020
- Author, U.S. Supreme Court Broadens Ministerial Exemption to Employment Discrimination Claims, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 10, 2020
- Author, U.S. Supreme Court: Title VII Protects Gay and Transgender Employees, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 16, 2020
- Co-author, "Pursuing Diversity While Avoiding the Reverse-Discrimination Trap", Association of Corporate Counsel Newsletter, June 2017
- Co-author, "UK And US Perspectives On The Right To Disconnect", Real Business, June 9, 2017
- Author, 7th Circuit: Sexual Orientation Discrimination Is Sex Discrimination, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 6, 2017
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Litigation – Labor and Employment, 2023, 2024
Named to “Florida Rising Stars,” Employment & Labor: Employee, Employment Litigation: Defense, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2017-2023
- Hon. Clarence A. Brimmer, U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming, 2007-2008
- Hon. Gregory A. Phillips, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, 2013-2014