Zach practices corporate law, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments. He represents public and privately-held companies, private equity funds and institutional investors across multiple industries in a wide range of transactional matters, including platform and add-on acquisitions, mergers, equity investments, divestitures and joint ventures. He also advises clients on day-to-day corporate matters and has experience advising on Securities Act offerings and Exchange Act reporting matters.
Zach maintains an active pro bono practice, advising nonprofits, under-resourced entrepreneurs and small business owners with respect to entity formation and governance, commercial contract negotiation and general corporate matters.
Before joining McGuireWoods, Zach practiced in the Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Markets and Securities Regulation groups of a global law firm headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Zach earned his law degree from Duke Law School, where he served as Articles Editor of the Law & Contemporary Problems journal.
- Represented a private equity firm in its sale of a leading software-as-a-service (“SaaS”) company serving banks and credit unions.
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a leading packer and supplier of raw and unfiltered honey.
- Represented an independent sponsor in its growth equity investment in a leading refrigerated truck manufacturer.
- Represented a private equity-backed data-driven technology advisory firm in its acquisition of a cybersecurity assessment firm.
- Represented a private equity-backed leading stakeholder solutions consulting firm in its acquisitions of two data analytics and reputational research firms.
- Represented a global leader in food services in its corporate venture capital investments in a grocery ordering automation company and a ghost kitchen robotics company.
- Represented an independent sponsor in its $110 million acquisition of a technology-enabled talent marketplace for the advertising and marketing industries.
- Represented a Charlotte-based national staffing company in its sale to a private equity-backed supply chain management company.
- Represented a private equity firm in its $1.3 billion sale of a global building products distributor.
- Represented a private equity firm in its $875 million sale of the leading SaaS provider of front office insurance solutions.
- Represented one of the fastest growing fitness studio franchisors in the United States, with a market cap of $1.6 billion, in its IPO.
- Represented a founder-owned leading agricultural company in its $1.1 billion sale to an agricultural sector investment firm.
- Represented a GP-stakes firm in its investments in two top tier middle market private equity management companies.
- Advised numerous Fortune 500 public companies on Exchange Act disclosures and corporate governance matters.
Duke University School of LawJD
Articles Editor, Law & Contemporary Problems2018
University of Southern MississippiBSBAInternational Business
magna cum laude2015
Member, North Carolina Bar Association
Mentor, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Central Carolinas