Najwan has over 20 years of experience as a lawyer on domestic and international corporate and commercial transactions, and has led energy infrastructure projects in various stages of development from initial bid, through deal closure and into commercial operation. Her practice currently focuses on partnering with sponsors, developers, private equity funds and other companies in the energy and power sectors on energy transition projects. She also utilizes her prior international experience to represent multinational companies in inbound and outbound investments in the Middle East and Australia.
Najwan advises clients on all aspects of the delivery of construction and engineering projects for offshore wind, solar and renewable natural energy and is experienced in drafting and negotiating engineering, procurement and construction agreements (and FIDIC Red Book, Yellow Book and Silver Book based agreements in the Middle East), services agreements, supply agreements, operation and maintenance agreements and purchase and sale agreements for renewable energy certificates and carbon offsets. She also has experience advising on corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions.
Middle East and Australia Inbound and Outbound Investments
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Najwan practiced as a solicitor in Australia, and was an associate for international law firms in global jurisdictions, including Qatar and the United Arab Emirates. She is certified as a Foreign Legal Consultant by the State Bar of Texas and admitted to practice in New South Wales, Australia. Utilizing this international experience, Najwan provides guidance and support in every necessary area of the law, from dispute resolution, international trade and energy transactions to intellectual property, environmental and immigration law. Furthermore, she also uses her international network of local counsel firms to enable multinational clients to do business in these regions.
- Western Sydney UniversityJD Bachelor of Laws LLB2001
Member, Advisory Council, Qatar American Institute for Culture
- Presenter, "The New Commercial Companies Law and How It Impacts Entrepreneurs", Qatar International Expo for Support Services and Business Solutions, 2016
- Not admitted in TX; practicing as a Foreign Legal Consultant
- NSW Australia
- Author, Promoting Life Sciences in Qatar, Lexology, October 8, 2016
- Co-author, "Promoting Life Sciences in Qatar", Lexology, October 7, 2016
- Author, "Carrying out Industrial Projects in Qatar", Qatar Gulf Times Newspaper, October 2, 2009