Gary focuses on transactional, securities, and general corporate matters.
His experience includes a wide range of business transactions including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, bank financings, private equity, and technology transfer on behalf of public and private companies, business start-ups, universities, and institutional investors.
- Representing Teledyne Technologies Incorporated in its $171 million merger with Bolt Technology Corporation
- Representation of buyer in $1.35 billion hostile proxy contest and subsequent merger of public company steelmaker with privately held steel service company.
- Representation of seller in $775 million negotiated tender offer for publicly-traded steelmaker.
- Representation of public company in numerous acquisitions of businesses in aerospace, defense, electronics and engineered systems, valued in the aggregate at more than $1 billion.
- Representation of engineering and construction firm in formation of joint venture for the production of solar power plants in North America.
- Representation of industrial group in the financing and acquisition of steel service center and manufacturing company assets.
- Representation of developer in restructuring of $116 million senior credit facility and $50 million private placement for resort facility.
- Representation of numerous issuers in their sales of equity and debt securities in both public and private offerings.
University of Pittsburgh School of LawJD
magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Research Editor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review2001
University of PittsburghBAEnglish Literature and Philosophy
magna cum laude1998
Member, Allegheny County Bar Association
Volunteer Attorney for the Arts, Pittsburgh ProArts
- Author, A Guide to SEC’s Regulation A+, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, December 14, 2015
- Author, Delaware Bars Fee-Shifting Bylaws Provisions but Allows Delaware Forum Selection Clauses in Intracorporate Litigation, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 26, 2015
- Author, Proposed SEC Rule to Permit Advertising in Connection with Private Placements, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, December 12, 2012
- Author, JOBS Act Has Potential to Attract New Players to the Public Capital Markets, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 12, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Speaker, SEC Compliance and Enforcement Update – September 2012, McGuireWoods LLP SEC Practice Complimentary Webinar Series, September 25, 2012