Felix’s practice focuses on domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and debt and equity offerings, and counseling private and public companies on corporate governance and compliance with U.S. securities laws.
Felix has extensive experience providing commercially focused advice on governance, securities law, compliance and a wide range of complex transactions and strategic matters. Drawing on his years as a senior in-house lawyer at a Fortune 500 real estate investment trust and at one of the largest global telecommunications companies, Felix focuses on effective and efficient deal and enterprise risk management. During his career, Felix has been resident and practiced law in the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and in the Russian Federation, and worked on transactions in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures and Joint Ventures
- Represented US staffing company on multiple domestic strategic acquisitions.
- Advised (in-house) Ventas, Inc. (NYSE: VTR) on its $1.5 billion acquisition of a portfolio of life science real estate properties in the U.S.
- Advised (in-house) VTR on its acquisition of a portfolio of seniors housing properties in the U.K.
- Advised (in-house) on disclosure and proxy contest matters in VEON Ltd.’s (Nasdaq: VEON) acquisition of Wind Telecom in a $27.5 billion transaction that formed the seventh largest telecommunications operator in the world.
- Lead deal lawyer (in-house) in a divestiture of VEON’s $125 million holding in a Canadian mobile telecommunications operator, in a transaction that involved a significant regulatory review under Canadian foreign investment law and a potential restructuring under Canadian insolvency law.
- Lead deal lawyer (in-house) on spin-off of an Egyptian telecommunications holding company listed on the Egyptian and London Stock Exchanges in a transaction of first impression.
- As in-house lawyer, advised senior management and supervised joint ventures and divestitures in diverse jurisdictions, including Russia, Egypt, Cambodia, Burundi and the Central African Republic.
- Represented VEON on an exchange offer effecting a cross-border merger in a transaction with a value of $30 billion.
- Represented VEON in its acquisition of Golden Telecom, Inc. (Nasdaq: GTI) through a public cash tender offer for the shares of GTI in a transaction with a value of approximately $4.3 billion.
- Represented VEON in formation of a $1 billion joint venture with the Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam to develop a national mobile telecommunications operator in Vietnam.
- Represented a private Russian oil and gas company in the creation of a $300 million joint venture with a Chinese sovereign wealth fund.
Capital Markets Transactions
- Represented VEON both as outside counsel and as lead in-house lawyer in Reg. S/Rule 144A debt issuances in an aggregate amount of over $5 billion.
- Lead in-house counsel on VEON’s debt tender offers under US and European tender offer rules.
- Supervised VEON’s filing of registration statements with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and listing of shares on the NYSE and Nasdaq.
- Represented a Russian oil and gas company listed on the London Stock Exchange on its $1.5 billion Reg. S/Rule 144A debt issuance.
- New York