Joe is a skilled civil litigator, who regularly appears before both state and federal courts to represent defendants in complex litigation, including tort claims and contract disputes, among other areas.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Joe assisted clients in legal services by conducting due diligence, issue-spotting credit agreements, creating comparison charts, and presenting findings to clients in the corporate finance industry. He has also drafted various transaction documents, including resolutions, secretary’s certificates, and Fried, Frank opinions.
Joe served as a law clerk for the Portsmouth Circuit Court, 3rd Judicial Circuit of Virginia from 2018-2019.
- Duke University School of LawJD2016
summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa2012
- Author, U.S. Transportation Department Grants States $64.4 Million to Bolster Pipeline Safety, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 3, 2023
- Author, Sixth Circuit Addresses Pre- and Post-Certification Engagement of Potential Class Members, Class Action Countermeasures, June 29, 2022
- Author, Eleventh Circuit Denies Petition to Appeal a Sua Sponte Remand of a “Class Action”, Class Action Countermeasures, March 22, 2022
- Author, DOJ Announces Plan for Coordinated Civil Rights Response to COVID-19, Subject to Inquiry, April 6, 2021