Isaac concentrates his practice on public and infrastructure finance transactions. Isaac serves as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, underwriter’s counsel and issuer’s counsel in connection with a broad range of publicly offered and privately placed tax-exempt and taxable financings across many states for local governments, airports, toll roads and surface transportation, water and sewer systems, tax increment/special assessment districts, sports facilities, colleges and universities and multifamily housing facilities.
Isaac also counsels local governments and private companies in connection with economic development incentives packages for new business investments and expansion projects.
- Special counsel, bond counsel and disclosure counsel to large
development authority in connection with the development and financing of a new
- Represented large municipal airport in connection with the establishment of a
commercial paper program and the negotiation of a bank credit facility.
- Bond counsel in connection with the refinancing and extension of high
occupancy toll lanes on major interstate highway.
- Bond counsel to community improvement district in connection with general
obligation bonds secured by a tiered revenue stream, including district
assessments, tax allocation increments, payments-in-lieu of taxes and special
service district (SSD) taxes.
- Bond counsel to large municipality in connection with a $1.2 billion water
and sewer refunding bond issue.
- Bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in connection with the issuance of
multifamily housing revenue bonds.
- Counsel to development authorities and developers in connection with
incentives for economic development and affordable housing transactions.
- Underwriter’s counsel in connection with the issuance by a regional water
pollution control authority of revenue refunding bonds.
- Bond counsel to large municipality in connection with the competitive sale of
general obligation referendum bonds.
- Underwriter’s counsel in connection with the issuance of tax increment
financing bonds supported by state general fund appropriations.
- Series bond counsel for a state’s general obligation bond issuance program.
University of Connecticut School of LawJD
Editor, Connecticut Law Review2010
- The University of GeorgiaBA2006
Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
Member, State Bar of Georgia, Government Attorneys and Local Government Law Sections
Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Author, Five Things Affordable Housing Developers Need to Know About the American Rescue Plan Act, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 8, 2022