- Slide Presentation
While the sell-side deal market for healthcare companies is hot, deals are taking longer to close and the market is seeing more “busted” auctions and transactions. Investors see the potential of strong returns from investment in healthcare service companies, but are sensitive to potential compliance issues, corporate structures and post-closing exposure.
- Overview of key areas of recent government enforcement including Stark Act, Anti-kickback Statute and HIPAA.
- Steps to mitigate billing and coding risks.
- Demonstrating effective compliance programs to mitigate buyers’ concerns about compliance issues and patient privacy issues.
- Conducting an effective pre-sale contract review to identify and manage risks during the transaction process.
- Pre-market deal structuring considerations for physician practice management and other deals.
- Geoff Cockrell, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Amber Walsh, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Krist Werling, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
For information on McGuireWoods events and seminars, click here.