Complimentary Webinar, US
In recent terms, the U.S. Supreme Court has focused increasingly on business
issues that fundamentally affect how corporations operate and litigate. Some
commentators have called the Roberts Court “the most pro-business of any since
the 1930s,” but now, commentators are suggesting that the pendulum has swung
back toward the center − with business groups suffering substantial losses in
the last couple of terms.
Members of McGuireWoods'
Appeals and Issues provided a discussion of these issues with a
distinguished panel that included the former solicitor general of Virginia and
three former law clerks to U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and
Justice Stephen Breyer.
- A preview of upcoming cases with significant
consequences for the business community
- Key decisions from last year’s term and the
practical implications for business
- Analysis of lower courts’ application of recent
U.S. Supreme Court decisions that affect business interests
- Trends in the Supreme Court’s operation and
rulings that may impact the business community
- Commentary on the direction the Supreme Court
may be heading in the future
- A discussion of likely outcomes of cases in the