The federal Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law require joint ventures between providers and physicians to be structured so they are consistent with relevant safe harbors and exceptions. In recent years, federal and state governmental authorities have increasingly scrutinized joint venture agreements, and civil and criminal penalties have become progressively more common.
McGuireWoods hosted a complimentary webinar exploring joint venture fraud and abuse issues and trends, and examples of recent government actions.
- Risks associated with fraud and abuse investigations and tips for achieving compliance
- What every joint venture should know about the government’s self-disclosure protocols
- A case study examining the operational impact of a corporate integrity agreement on joint ventures
- Gretchen Heinze Townshend, Partner
- Kerri Eble, Attorney
- John C. Saran, Attorney
- Anna M. Timmerman, Attorney