10 – 11 a.m. (PT) | 12 – 1 p.m. (CT) | 1 – 2 p.m. (ET)
CLE credit applications will be made.
2016 brought a broad range of new laws that will impact employers in 2017. In addition to those new laws being enacted on a statewide level, many cities and counties have enacted local ordinances that will impact companies with employees working in those localities. McGuireWoods’ California Labor and Employment lawyers reviewed the most significant changes and additions to state and local laws in California that will impact employers in 2017.
Discussion covered a range of topics, including the following:
- California and local minimum wage update
- Paid sick leave and “kin care” statutes
- Forum selection clauses in employment contracts
- Fair pay laws
- Legalized marijuana
- Sabrina A. Beldner, Partner
- Matthew C. Kane, Partner
- Michael D. Mandel, Partner