The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit continues to decide many of the nation’s most important legal issues — and a number of its most interesting ones. Think hot-button legal issues, ranging from constitutional questions of transgender rights, prayer, and gun control, to weighty business issues like arbitration, whistleblower protection, and foreign trademarks.
McGuireWoods' appeals and issues team provided a discussion of matters at the core of the country’s political, legislative, and cultural agenda.
We briefed you on the practical concerns of the most important business cases on the 4th Circuit’s docket, while also providing background on cases that are sure to be the topics of conversation at the water cooler, at the cocktail party, and even at home.
- Significant recent decisions for businesses and their practical implications
- The year’s most interesting cases from the 4th Circuit
- Recent trends in the 4th Circuit that may impact businesses
- How the 4th Circuit fared in the U.S. Supreme Court
- Upcoming cases before the 4th Circuit
- Speculation on the future direction of the court