Jontille now focuses her practice on energy and utility regulation and compliance before the Virginia State Corporation Commission. Jontille represents utilities in rate cases, affiliates transactions and in proceedings for transmission projects and grid modernization.
As an experienced litigator, strategist, and problem solver, Jontille has handled national products liability litigation, representing product manufacturers in the automotive, industrial and commercial industries. Jontille has extensive experience in mass tort litigation and consumer class actions. She is also a member of the firm’s appeals and issues team and has handled appeals in both state and federal courts throughout the country. Jontille has an active pro bono practice and regularly represents victims of domestic violence. She also represents pro bono clients in child custody and visitation matters.
- Representation of major electric utility in proceedings for approval of affiliate agreements.
- Representation of major electric utility in rate and rider proceedings.
- Representation of major electric utility in return on equity proceeding.
- Representation of major electric utility in grid transformation plan.
- Defense of food manufacturer in mass district litigation and obtained summary judgment in a number of cases.
- Representation of construction company in state court appeal. The trial verdict in client’s favor was largely affirmed.
- Representation of automotive manufacturer in state court appeal. The trial verdict in client’s favor was upheld.
- Duke University School of LawJD2003
- Duke UniversityBAEconomics1999
Co-Chair, Bench-Bar Conference, Richmond Bar Association, 2018
Former Board Member, St. Catherine’s Ellett Alumnae Association Board of Directors
Board Member, Daughters of Zelophehad, 2006-2011
- Speaker, Leadership Conference for Women in Energy, McGuireWoods, November 4-5, 2019
- Panelist, "The Most Important – and Interesting – Decisions", Fourth Circuit Year in Review, May 15, 2014
- Panelist, "A Look at Decisions Impacting the Business Community", Fourth Circuit Year in Review: A Look at Decisions Impacting the Business Community, McGuireWoods LLP Complimentary Webinar and Live Presentation, May 15, 2014
- Presenter, A Refresher on Removal, October 2008
- Presenter, Be Prepared If Something Happens to You: Family Law and Wills & Estate Planning, October 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Administrative/Regulatory Law; Energy Regulatory Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2023, 2024
Named to “Pro Bono Service Honor Roll,” Virginia Access to Justice Commission, 2022