Thursday, October 10, 2019
The River Club | One Independent Drive, Suite 3500
3 – 5:30 p.m. Program
5:30 p.m. Reception
We are seeking 2 hours of ethics MCLE credits for this program.
During this event, the Association of Corporate Counsel North Florida Chapter will also hold a brief annual meeting. The chapter will elect 2019-20 officers and directors and will cover other general chapter business.
The North Florida ACC and McGuireWoods invite you and your colleagues to attend Tom Spahn’s annual ethics program. This two-hour interactive program uses hypotheticals to explore lawyers’ confidentiality and disclosure duties in the context of clients’ intent to commit future misconduct.
- The difficulty of distinguishing between past and future misconduct
- Clients’ intent to offer false testimony
- Advising on client conduct illegal under federal law but allowed under state law
- Applying the attorney-client privilege “crime-fraud exception”
- Clients’ intent to commit future misconduct that will cause financial injury, bodily harm or death
Thomas E. Spahn, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
Spahn has served on the ABA Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility, and has spoken at more than 1,800 CLE programs on ethics and other topics. Tom was selected as the 2013 and 2020 metro-Washington, D.C., “Lawyer of the Year” for “Bet the Company Litigation” by Best Lawyers®.
For more information, contact Bridget Light at [email protected].
Our programs are intended for the benefit of our clients and contacts and we reserve the right to refuse any registration at our sole discretion.