Thursday, April 21
1700 Tysons Blvd.
12:30 – 1:15 p.m. Lunch
1:15 – 3:30 p.m. Program
Wednesday, May 4
Omni Richmond Hotel
100 South 12th St.
2 – 4:15 p.m. Program
(Reception to follow)
McGuireWoods invites you and your colleagues to attend Tom Spahn’s annual ethics program. This in-person-only event will be held at the two locations listed above. The two-hour interactive program uses hypotheticals to explore situations in which lawyers’ interests might conflict with their clients’ interests.
- Applicability of ethics rules to lawyers’ non-legal activities
- Doing business with clients
- Accepting gifts from clients
- Representing unpopular clients
- Lawyers’ agreements to limit their practice in partnership agreements or in litigation settlements
- Limiting liability to clients
- Disclosing malpractice to clients
- Resolving disputes with clients
- File ownership after representations end
- Duty to protect former clients
Thomas E. Spahn, Counsel, McGuireWoods LLP
Spahn has served on the ABA Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility, and has spoken at more than 2,000 CLE programs on ethics and other topics. Tom was selected as the 2013 and 2020 metro-Washington, D.C., “Lawyer of the Year” for “Bet the Company Litigation” by Best Lawyers®.
We are seeking 2 hours of ethics MCLE credits for this program.
For more information, please contact Bridget Light at [email protected]
Our programs are intended for the benefit of our clients and contacts and we reserve the right to refuse any registration at our sole discretion.