Complimentary Webinar Series
- March 15, 2012 – An Overview of the Key Provisions of the False Claims Act and Mitigating Potential Healthcare False Claims Act Liabilities
- Tuesday, April 24, 2012 – A Discussion of Internal Investigations and Defenses to Claims Brought Under the False Claims Act
- Wednesday, June 6, 2012 – A Discussion of the Government’s Perspective on the False Claims Act and of Strategy in Defending a False Claims Action
The current regulatory environment reflects an increased emphasis on healthcare fraud enforcement and on ensuring that the government’s healthcare dollars are used appropriately. Accordingly, it has become increasingly important to ensure compliance in submitting claims to the government and in advertising products and services that are reimbursed by government programs.
This webinar provides an overview of the False Claims Act and provide a brief analysis of steps to mitigate risks under the False Claims Act. General counsel and litigation counsel with hospitals and health systems, healthcare providers, physician organizations, and medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers will benefit from this engaging discussion that will enhance your understanding of the False Claims Act.
- Discussion of the conduct that is proscribed by the False Claims Act as well as the penalties that are set forth under the False Claims Act.
- Analysis of recent developments in the regulatory environment and in terms of the government’s enforcement efforts.
- Examination of the impact of government involvement in a qui tam case brought under the False Claims Act by a relator.