Jim practices within the firm’s Healthcare department and focuses his practice on healthcare transactional and regulatory matters. Jim advises his clients on a range of compliance and regulatory issues, including the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, fraud and abuse laws, state corporate practice of medicine doctrines, and state licensure laws.
Jim also handles a variety of transactional matters for his clients, representing healthcare providers and private equity funds in joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions, including advising on regulatory due diligence and compliance matters. His clients include ambulatory surgery centers, dental practices, hospitals, private equity funds, and physician groups, among others.
At the University of Illinois College of Law, Jim graduated summa cum laude and was the recipient of the Rickert Award for Excellence in Academic Achievement.
University of Illinois College of LawJD
summa cum laude2010
- University of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaignBA2007
- Speaker, Key Issues Relating to the Enforceability of Non-Compete Agreements, McGuireWoods Complimentary Webinar, April 29, 2014
- Panelist, "7 Key Considerations for Non-Compete Agreements in the Healthcare Industry", Healthcare Litigation Conference, McGuireWoods LLP, April 8, 2014
- Speaker, "Responding to Increased False Claims Act Enforcement", Healthcare and Life Sciences Litigation, April 24, 2012
- Author, Lessons for Providers and Practice Entities, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 6, 2023
- Author, Private Equity in Healthcare – An Updated Review of Selected Niche Investment Areas, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 7, 2023
- Author, Illinois Court Rulings Vary on Consideration for Noncompetes, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 13, 2015