Partner Thomas Spahn spoke on the topic, “Ethics for Employment Lawyers: Defining What Lawyers Do and Where They Can Do It,” at this live event and webcast hosted by the Practising Law Institute. The discussion covered:
- Understanding the effects of lawyers practicing law in states where they are not licensed
- Evaluating permissible actions by litigators in other states, such as discovery, investigations and arbitrations
- Analyzing transactional lawyers’ abilities to temporarily practice in states where they are not licensed, or provide advice about the law of such states
- Evaluating the consequences of in-house lawyers practicing in states where they are not licensed
- Learning how to select the applicable ethics rules
For more information, please visit www.pli.edu.