The Dec. 1 announcement of a strategic alliance between McGuireWoods LLP and FuJae Partners, a newly launched law firm in Shanghai, received strong news coverage. Major mentions:
- The respected Bloomberg BNA was first to break the story under the headline “The Latest Big Law Firm to Create an Alliance in China.” The story extensively quoted Managing Partner Tom Cabaniss.
- The American Lawyer quickly followed up with a story headlined “Seeking China Beachhead, McGuireWoods Inks Shanghai Deal.” The story also topped stories in its ALM sister publications American Lawyer International and The Asian Lawyer, serving Chinese and Asian markets.
- In the UK, The Law Society Gazette mentioned the alliance in its Dec. 1 morning roundup on major business moves in Big Law.
- The release was also carried in its entirety by LexGO, a Web site that serves the law profession in Belgium and Luxembourg.
- The Australian Lawyer noted our move in a brief story under the headline “Another US Firm Enters Asia-Pac Market.”
Click here to visit FuJae’s Web site.