McGuireWoods, LLP announced that eight partners in its Tyson’s Corner and Washington DC offices have been named “Washington, DC Super Lawyers 2008” in a recent study by Law & Politics magazine. The findings are published in the March 2008 edition of the Baltimore magazine.
As part of the selection process, Law & Politics magazine conducts a regional survey of lawyers who have been in practice for at least five years, asking them to nominate the best attorneys they’ve personally observed in action. In addition, the Law & Politics attorney-led research department reviews the nominees’ credentials based on a set of evaluation criteria, including confirmation of their license and any history of disciplinary action (which would remove them from consideration). To ensure a diverse and well-balanced list, the research staff considers factors such as firm size, practice area and geographic location.
The following McGuireWoods partners were named as Super Lawyers 2008:
- Ronald D. Aucutt, Estate Planning & Probate
- Thomas C. Brown, Jr., Business / Corporate
- Melissa M. Glassman, Business Litigation
- Dennis R. McArver, Real Estate
- Charles W. McIntyre, Securities Litigation
- Jonathan P. Rak, Environmental
- Stephen W. Robinson, Employment Litigation & Defense
- Thomas E. Spahn, Business Litigation