McGuireWoods LLP announced today that seven of the firm’s partners from four different offices have been named “Lawyers of the Year” for 2011 by Best Lawyers.
- Dennis I. Belcher, Richmond Trusts & Estates Lawyer of the Year
- Thomas C. Brown Jr., Washington, D.C., Corporate Lawyer of the Year
- Douglas W. Ey Jr., Charlotte Product Liability Litigator of the Year
- Douglas M. Foley, Norfolk Bankruptcy & Creditor-Debtor Rights Lawyer of the Year
- Benne C. Hutson, Charlotte Environmental Lawyer of the Year
- Stephen W. Robinson, Washington, D.C., Labor & Employment Lawyer of the Year
- Alexander H. Slaughter, Richmond Insurance Lawyer of the Year
Best Lawyers designates Lawyers of the Year in high-profile legal practices across several large cities. Only one lawyer in each community is recognized in each category. Those named received particularly high ratings in surveys by earning a high level of respect and positive feedback among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity.
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. The current, 17th edition of The Best Lawyers in America (2011) is based on more than 3.1 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers.