For the sixth year in a row, corporate counsel rated McGuireWoods among the top law firms with the strongest brands in BTI Consulting’s Brand Elite Report, praising the firm’s reputation for cutting-edge innovation and client service.
McGuireWoods is one of a handful of firms recognized for superior performance in all nine categories that differentiate a law firm in the eyes of corporate clients:
- recommended first to peers and colleagues without prompting;
- considered first for hiring in new assignments;
- a “premium worthy” firm that clients believe is worth every penny and more;
- a safe choice for the most complex and high-risk work;
- more likely than others to be an industry leader over the long term;
- delivering new and valuable services that other firms do not;
- using technology more effectively or in new ways to add value;
- making changes in process or the client experience to add value; and
- making changes other firms don’t to improve the client experience.
“The firm truly shines with a strong presence as an innovator,” BTI wrote. “Clients bestow the firm with Leader status in driving value and for being one of the few firms making changes to how legal services are delivered — two attributes clients say are becoming more and more important to them when they are seeking out core legal providers.”
Independent authorities consistently rank McGuireWoods among the best law firms for innovative client service. The firm ranked third on Financial Times’ prestigious North America Innovative Lawyers Report and was one of only two firms to make award short lists in six categories, including Most Innovative Firm.
McGuireWoods shines repeatedly in BTI’s client service analyses, which are based on interviews with legal decision makers at companies with $1 billion or more in annual revenue. The firm is one of only 11 to make BTI’s coveted “Client Service 30” list at least 10 times, and one of only 10 to make BTI’s Most Recommended Law Firms List for more than 15 consecutive years. In addition, McGuireWoods was rated among the top five firms with the strongest client relationships in BTI’s Industry Power Rankings in each of the past two years.
“Only three firms have been mainstays in BTI’s Client Service 30 and Most Recommended Law Firms surveys and consistently ranked in the top five in BTI’s Industry Power Rankings, and we are proud that McGuireWoods is in that exceptional group,” said McGuireWoods Chairman Jonathan Harmon. “It is rewarding when clients recognize us year after year for our commitment to delivering outstanding service, which is at the heart of everything we do.”
Boston-based BTI Consulting Group is a strategic research provider to the legal community and professional services firms. It performs in-depth analysis of client experiences for firms through more than 14,000 independent interviews with C-level executives.